Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- Listen to the first episode of This Might Be A Podcast!
- AFI released a video.
- Divided Heaven released a new song.
- Ghostface Killah and Czarface announced a new album.
- The Specials released a new song.
- La Dispute announced a new album and released a video.
- Brad Logan of Leftover Crack, F-Minus, and Rats in the Wall started a monthly column for OC Weekly.
- The first wave of bands playing Groezrock 2019 was announced.
- American Steel announced a new 7-inch and released a new song.
- Witchrot decided not to break up.
- Unfortunately, Pete Shelley of the Buzzcocks passed away.
- Taking Back Sunday released a music video.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at firstname.lastname@example.org to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Check out This Might Be A Podcast on iTunes. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.