Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Stephen McGill
- See what the Punknews staffers have been spinning on their turntables!
- The Darts are working on new material
- Descendents announced some shows.
- Jackie Fuchs of The Runaways won Jeopardy!
- Warped Tour will return in 2019.
- Youth of Today announced a special Brooklyn show. The band later announced another show.
- Agent Orange announced a tour.
- Smoking Popes announced a tour.
- Laura Stevenson released a new single.
- The Murderburgers released a video.
- A benefit show for the victims of the Northern California fires was announced.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Spotify. Check out This Might Be A Podcast on iTunes or on Spotify. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Spotify.