Hello everybody and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back at the week in Punknews. I'm Adam White and I'll be your guide through some of the most popular, notable, and otherwise attention getting stories of the past seven days. Each and every Punknews story is built from tips contributed by you fine folks, and here's what got the community talking this week:
- Gene Simmons of Kiss and reality television fame declared this week that that musicians should "Be litigious. Sue everybody. Take their homes, their cars."I for one welcome Gene's tryannical new dystopian music industry.
- An individual concerned by the arguable quality of recent Weezer music wants to raise $10,000,000 for the band to break up
- Less Than Jake streamed their new covers project the TV/EP
- Kris Roe of The Ataris responded to some recent online criticism
- Boy Sets Fire is set to reunite
- Blink-182 will enter the studio soon, as will The Offspring
- The schedule for The Fest 9 was released this week
- This week also brought more tribute covers of Bad Religion songs, including Cheap Girls performing "Kerosene," The Weakerthans performing "Sanity," and William Elliott Whitmore taking on "Don't Pray on Me."
With that we hand over this Sunday evening to you, the Punknews community. From that glorious, likely bearded rabble we've see the creation of everything from message boards and Punknews fantasy sports leagues to even a band or two. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday…