Hello everybody and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back at the week in Punknews. I'm Adam White and I'll be your guide through some of the most popular, notable, and otherwise attention getting stories of the past seven days. Each and every Punknews story is built from tips contributed by you fine folks, and here's what got the community talking this week:
- Victory Records enlisted Gilbert Gottfried for a bizarre anti-piracy video
- A man was beaten to death after an Agnostic Front show in Washington, DC
- Weezer announced the upcoming release of Death to False Metal
- Pennywise are now back with Epitaph Records
- Footage of Bomb The Music Industry! performing Weezer's "Buddy Holly" surfaced
- Face to Face unveiled their new song "Should Anything Go Wrong"
- Less Than Jake are getting ready to hit the road with Off With Their Heads and The Supervillains
- The Menzingers are recording an acoustic LP for Red Scare
- This week also brought more tribute covers of Bad Religion songs, including Switchfoot performing "Sorrow," Guttermouth playing "Pity"
With that we hand over this Sunday evening to you, the Punknews community. From that glorious, likely bearded rabble we've see the creation of everything from message boards and Punknews fantasy sports leagues to even a band or two. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday…