Hello everybody and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back at the week in Punknews. I'm Bryne Yancey, pinch hitting for Adam White this week while he vigilantly peruses the contents of a hotel minibar somewhere in Ottawa. I'll be your guide through some of the most popular, notable, and otherwise attention getting stories of the past seven days. Each and every Punknews story is built from tips contributed by you fine folks, and here's what got the community talking this week:
- Descendents frontman Milo Aukerman talked about touring plans and other topics in a new interview. In a related story, footage of the band's set at Fun Fun Fun Fest surfaced.
- Social Distortion unveiled a track from their new album, "Machine Gun Blues"
- A 600 page book chronicling punk characters in film is on the way.
- RX Bandits were openly critical of the impending vinyl release of their 2001 album, Progress.
- Glassjaw released a new 7" exclusively through a Seaford, NY pizzeria. I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that Brand New will be releasing their next album via a to-be-announced Long Island falafel stand. You heard it here first, folks!
- The Death To False Hope Records 2nd Anniversary party will feature Less Than Jake, Off With Their Heads, Brendan Kelly and a slew of other favorites.
With that we hand over this Sunday evening to you, the Punknews community. From that glorious, likely bearded rabble we've see the creation of everything from message boards and Punknews fantasy sports leagues to even a band or two. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday…