Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- Green Day streamed the final installment in their album trilogy, TRE!.
- Fat Mike of NOFX and Dustin Lanker were nominated for 2 AVN awards for their work on the soundtrack for the fetish adult film, Rubber Bordello.
- Led Zeppelin were awarded the Kennedy Award.
- We tallied your favorite records from November and Jeff Rosenstock (Bomb the Music Industry!)took the number one spot.
- Metallica agreed to release their work on the free music service, Spotify.
- A Lagwagon "fan" tried to steal a guitar from the group in Australia.
- Paramore revealed the release date for their upcoming self-titled record.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.