Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- 2 versions of the legendary punk act, Black Flag, reunited.
- While it may seem unbelievable that Black Flag reunited, don't get your hopes up about a Minor Threat reunion.
- The Lawrence Arms finished writing their new record.
- Alkaline Trio released a lyric video for a brand new song from their upcoming record.
- Punknews features editor, John Gentile, tackled the recent issue of how higher postage rates are affecting record labels.
- Reel Big Fish released a video for the track, "Don't Stop Skankin'".
- The Bronx streamed their new record in its entirety.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.