Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The Lawrence Arms streamed their new record, Metropole, in its entirety while bassist, Brendan Kelly, expressed his distaste for R.E.M.'s "Shiny People".
- Vivian Girls decided to call it a day after 7 years together.
- Bad Religion recruited Mike Dimkich of The Cult as their new guitarist.
- It was revealed that Pussy Riot will be hosting an Amnesty International sponsored festival in Brooklyn.
- Bad Cop/Bad Cop joined the Fat Wreck Chords roster.
- D.O.A. released a new music video for "Who The Hell Do You Think You Are?".
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.