Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Greg Graffin Pointing At Things
- Win a copy of Gainesville Punk: A History of Bands & Music!
- Tom Delonge will be directing a sci-fi film.
- The Copyrights performed some songs for Bridge City Sessions.
- The Bollweevils performed for Live! from The Rock Room.
- The Bronx announced a tour with Dave Hause and The Mermaid.
- The Lillingtons announced some shows.
- We Ride signed to Victory Records and released a video.
- Nothington released a lyric video.
- Every Time I Die also released a lyric video.
- Direct Hit!'s album Domepsplitter is getting reissued.
- Laura Jane Grace of Against Me! was interviewed on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
- The Flatliners announced a new album and released a new song.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.