Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Ricky Frankel and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story and review is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting a story, feel free to submit a review or if you are a photographer continue reading below. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week: Photo Credit: Sisters In Christ
- Win tickets to see Billy Idol!
- Crusades made their new album available to stream.
- Epitaph Records will be reissuing the Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros record Live at Acton Town Hall.
- Samiam are playing some shows.
- Dead Milkmen announced a new EP.
- Minus The Bear announced some tour dates and released a new song.
- Face To Face announced a new 7-inch and a tour.
- Dreamcar released their first song.
- Nothington announced some tour dates.
- Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise avoided getting car jacked.
- The Dopamines released some details about their new album.
And so ends another wonderful week for the Punknews community. Tonight let’s just kick back, maybe break out the drinks, gather around the digital bonfire and talk. Maybe you saw (or will see) an awesome show, found a great new band, or chat about anything else you would like. We leave it to you, the always respectful and courteous readers and commenters. See you way too bright and early on Monday morning.
Punk Photographers Wanted!
Are you a photographer who takes pictures at punk shows? Want to get your shots on Punknews for a Saturday Photo Feature? Email features editor John Gentile at email@example.com to make it happen.
Listen in to the weekly roundtable discussion on the Punknews.org Podcast on either iTunes or Stitcher. Or delve deep into the Midwest punk scene by listening to Best Midwestern on iTunes or on Stitcher.