Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- San Francisco, CA's Get Dead joined the Fat Wreck Chords roster.
- After struggling with the decision to fly to Australia after experiencing a horrific plane crash, Blink-182's Travis Barker finally decided against flying.
- Frank Turner announced his new album will be released via Interscope Records.
- Slayer parted ways with their original drummer.
- Fans of the Descendents can now "Get the Time" with the new "Timeage" watch.
- East Bay Ray of The Dead Kennedys spoke out against ad networks and websites like YouTube.
- The Bamboozle festival's founder, John D, revealed why the festival was cancelled.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we'll see you Monday morning.