Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I'm Brittany Strummer and I can't stop listening to the new Copyrights record. I'll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here's what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- RVIVR released the details for their new EP Bicker and Breathe.
- The schedule for Fest 13 was released resulting in excitement and many people pulling their hair out due to frustration and conflicts.
- In other festival news, Riot Fest Chicago announced that a Pussy Riot panel will be taking place with Greg Graffin of Bad Religion, Tim McIlrath of Rise Against, feminist writer Marcelle Karp, Riot Fest founder Michael Petryshyn participating and moderated by Henry Rollins.
- We tallied your favorite records from August with The Gaslight Anthem's Get Hurt leading the pack.
- Say Anything and Saves The Day announced a co-headlining tour with each act playing their popular albums, Say Anything's …Is a Real Boy and Saves The Day's Through Being Cool, in their entirety.
- The Misfits' Michael Graves unveiled the details for his new 2-disc release, Zombies Unite. It will be accompanied by a small tour of the eastern US.
- Lagwagon announced a tour of US and Canada with Swingin' Utters and This Legend. They will be touring in support of their upcoming release Hang.
- Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace released the trailer for her new AOL web series, True Trans, where she shares the stories of other transgender men and women.
Click below to check out this past week's collection of new streaming music, features and interviews. Talk amongst yourselves and we'll see you Monday morning.
The People Must Have Something Good To Read
In the past few weeks we've spoken with a number of bands and artists. Don't miss out on these interviews: